Sunday, March 15, 2020 update
Dear Peace family,
As the Coronavirus pandemic has intensified just in the week, the Peace Lutheran leadership has been actively discussing and deciding the best courses of action for our ministries. “What guides this decision making?” one might be wondering. We are firmly guided by Jesus’ straightforward teaching, “Love the Lord…and love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:37-38).”
Here is what we can share:
- All activities and gatherings at Peace Lutheran Church are cancelled through Tuesday, March 31.
- Mid-week Lent services are cancelled (both Soup/Supper and worship) for March 18, March 25 and April 1.
- Regular worship on Sunday, March 22 and Sunday, March 29 are cancelled. We invite you to worship for online-only worship on these Sundays. How can that be done? Visit our website at peaceinphilomath.com and select the link for worship. Or, you can go to our Facebook page. To find our Facebook page, search “Peace Lutheran Church – Philomath.”
- If you are an at risk person for the Coronavirus and do not have anyone who can help you get needed essentials during this time, please contact Dan Dusek (Peace’s Incident Response Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to connect you to someone that can assist you so that you are not venturing out.
- There will not be regular office hours at Peace for staff through March 31. If you are need of pastoral care, please email Pastor (email@example.com) or Vicar (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also call/text Pastor at 541-609-8057. Callie too is available for your needs via call/text 541-220-8425 or email at email@example.com.
- Holy Week plans are simplified (it is a big “if” even if we have these services). Confirmation (Palm Sunday) is postponed for a date that is yet to be determined. The Seder Meal (Maundy Thursday) is cancelled. Services for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter are simplified (and a big “if” even if we have these services at this point).
- How can you find out the latest information regarding church and activities? Go to our website at peaceinphilomath.com. There will certainly be more to share in the days ahead.
We are truly thankful for all that God is doing in the midst of these challenging and unprecedented times. God is working through our people—bringing us together even though we are practicing social distancing. We have already received many “thank you’s” from Peace members, community leaders and even the Mayor of Philomath for all the careful thought and action Peace has already put forth!
“The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. The Lord look upon you with favor and + give you peace. Amen”
In Christ’s Peace,