LAST WORDS……….Take a moment to consider the “seven last words” of Jesus from the cross:
- “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Luke 23:34
- To a thief on the cross: “Truly, I say to you, you will be with me in Paradise.” Luke 23:43
- To Mary, “Woman, behold your son.” To John, “Behold, your mother.” John 19:26-27
- “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46
- “I thirst.” John 19:28
- “It is finished.” John 19:30
- “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Luke 23:46
As a Christian, I think it is important to personally consider what these words mean. I do not want to steer you one way or the other with interpretations, but I simply desire to place these words before you to let them sink in. I pray that you are strengthened in your faith this Easter!
MAUNDY THURSDAY WORSHIP.……..is tonight (April 13) at 7 PM. The choir will be singing a special piece of music, “What Wondrous Love!” Following the choir’s singing, we will join together for Holy Communion and quiet time as Altar is stripped in preparation for Good Friday.
GOOD FRIDAY WORSHIP…………is tomorrow night (April 14) at 7 PM. Come and hear a special message on God’s love and experience the darkness that Jesus felt on Good Friday. By the end of the service you will know that Jesus’ love can always reach you.
EASTER WORSHIP……….is on Sunday (April 16) at 10 AM. Take note of the earlier time and come early to church to secure seating. Bring your children and/or grandchildren for the Easter Egg Hunt which will begin right after worship!