Printable Brochure (in PDF format) – Incident Response Brochure
Considerations for You and Your Family to Prepare for the Unexpected.
Basic Emergency Kit
- Water – one gallon per person per day
- Food – at least a three-day supply
- Radio – battery powered or hand crank
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask
- Moist towelettes
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone and charger
What Could Happen Here?
- Severe Weather (Cold/Heat)
- High Winds
- Electrical Outages
- Road Blockages
- Contaminated Water/Air
- Loss of Communications
- Disease Outbreak
- Refugee Influx
“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all
Have a Plan – Considerations…
- Contact with your immediate family?
- Contact with your extended family / friends?
- Can you remain in your house?
- Do you have supplies in your home for several days?
- What if you don’t have heat or electricity?
- Do you have enough required medication?
- What about your animals?
- What to take if you must leave your home?
- Where to go if you must leave your home?
- How will you get to your evacuation location?
“We cannot stop natural disasters, but we can arm ourselves with knowledge”
Additional Items for Emergency Kit
- Prescription eyeglasses
- Infant formula and diapers
- Food and extra water for your pet
- Important family documents (insurance papers, birth certificates, bank records)
- Cash or traveler’s checks
- Emergency reference material such as first aid books
- Sleeping bag or warm blankets
- Complete change of warm clothing
- Household chlorine bleach
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in waterproof container or lighter
- Personal hygiene items
- Utensils, paper cups and plates
- Paper and pencil
- Games, books, puzzles or other activities (not on your phone)
Linn-Benton Alert is an emergency notification system that calls or messages residents to warn of impending or occurring emergencies and provides critical safety instructions when they are needed most. The system is address-based. It will send alerts to landline telephones (or the device of your choosing) in the zip code or neighborhood of areas affected by the emergency. If you receive a call, you will hear a computer-generated message, but please do not hang up. Instead, listen to the message in its entirety for important information.
By signing up for Linn-Benton Alert, you can also choose to have alerts sent to your cell phone, other phones or TTY devices, or receive text messages or emails. When you sign up, please make sure the address you input is accurate. The system maps to your physical address (no PO Boxes) so please carefully enter your complete street address and correct zip code.
Go to https://www.co.benton.or.us/ sheriff/page/emergency-alert in order to sign up.